Products Maintenance Tips
Prevent fluid contamination and deliver long, leak-free performance
- Meet or exceed SAE standards
- Specifically matched to your Cat system's different fluid types, temperatures, and pressures
- Provide superior resistance to compression set
- Feature special dimensional tolerances and O-Ring coatings for improved installation and performance
- Marked with the Cat logo and part number for easy identification and protection against counterfeit seals
- Available in time- and money-saving kits
Ten O-Ring Tips
- Keep O-Rings packaged until installation.
- Don't store O-Rings near heat.
- Protect O-Rings from UV rays.
- Remove old O-Rings with brass or plastic picks to prevent groove damage.
- Don't reuse O-Rings.
- Clean the seal groove before installation.
- Don't soak O-Rings.
- Don't twist or cut O-Rings during installation.
- Don't select O-Rings based on material color. There is no universal color standard.
- Maintain your cooling system. High fluid temperatures are the number-one cause of shortened seal life.